Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Simple Way to Sanitize Your Makeup

Hello lovely readers!!!

This post will be about how to sanitize you makeup. I posted a few weeks ago about how important it is to clean your makeup brushes to get rid of germs and make the life of your brushes last longer. Well it's also very important to sanitize your makeup especially after being sick or letting your friends use your makeup. Since, it's the season of colds and such this will be even more useful right now.
Think about using your lipstick or Chapstick when your sick and then you're better and you just keep using it again and again...ew.

You Will Need: 

 Bottle of 90% Alcohol 
Spray Bottle 
Your Germy Makeup

I got mine at meijer but you can get this for only a few bucks from any drugstore or grocery like store 
Here's what I sanitized today:
I picked up this travel spray bottle in the background at meijer for a dollar. 

Turn your lipstick tube all the way up and simply use the alcohol and spray it a few times. This is just like what they do to sanitize the makeup at the MAC counters before you go to try the lipstick, etc. on.
If you're worried about your lipstick tasting like alcohol you can always just give it a swipe with a tissue and wipe off the top.


You can also use this method to sanitize your blushes, eyeshadows, face powders, etc. Because of the high percentage of alcohol it dries is seconds and doesn't leave or ruin your makeup.
Just spray a few sprays right on the product. 


Just to show you that it doesn't ruin the powder - I swiped my finger over the top to get a swatch just seconds after spraying it.

Hope this is something you might use!

I also wanted to say thank you to my beautiful 15 followers and say how much it means to me that people actually visit and enjoy reading my blog! Thank You!!! 

Comment below on any post suggestions you may have and if you try sanitizing your makeup!
Reading your comments make my day :) 

thanks for reading!
Have a wonderful day

Jess 

















10 comments:

  1. Great post! People don't often realize that they are tranferring germs from their own products! And I can attest to the fact that because it's such a high percentage alcohol it evaporates quickly and doesn't do anything to your make up but leave it clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's definitely something you don't think about - and super simple to do! Thanks for your input Jasmine!

      Delete
  2. Such a great post. Not something I think to do often, but will def need to try this out since my sisters are always using my makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Same here, I'm always letting my roommates use my makeup (which i'm happy to do) but this is a good way to keep it all clean!

      Delete
  3. Great post! I need to try this out!!


    - Andrea Marie xx
    frominsidemycloset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're going to give it a try!

      Delete
  4. I was actually just wondering the other day how they sanitized their makeup at MAC counters. Funny that I stumbled upon this! :)


    simplylinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found this helpful! Looks like you stumbles upon the right place! thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I know how important it is, I just never get around to it! Ooops. I just use a bit of soap and shampoo and conditioner on mine usually. I do have a special brush cleaner thing but I don't think it is very good! This sounds like a good idea though! I am a new follower :) x
    Maybe you could check my blog out when you have a minute :) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely something I forget about too but have tried to become better at remembering to clean my brushes - a gentle basic shampoo works just as well I think! :) I'll check out your blog now! Thanks for following and commenting!

      Delete