Thursday, June 13, 2013

May Favorites!


Hi Pretties!  

Welp, I guess two weeks into June is a good time to share my May favorites huh? 
I just wanted to create a little suspense, but maybe I took it too far haha

Here they are some of my favorites of May - Enjoy! 



1. Mally Blush Brush - I got this brush when I ordered her shimmer, shape, and glow set. Which it turned out to be just okay, the blush isn't very pigmented but the shimmer is nice! Anyways this brush has the perfect amount of fluffiness (which is of course the best descriptive technical term for fluffy bristles) that allow you to lightly place the blush on your cheeks without going 'wind burn from skiing' cheek overboard! It also has a nice weight to the handle and it very nice quality in my opinion. I also just love Mally! I highly suggest you follow her on instagram, she's a very inspirational, positive business woman. 

2. Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Roller & EcoToos Airbrush Concealer Brush - 
The Garnier Dark Circle Roller is a product that I have recently rediscovered, and have really been loving and using a lot. This version of the de-puffing/anti-dark circle roller has a light concealer in it as well to help cover the dark circles. I like this because it covers and glides on the under eye area without having you tug and pull to blend it in. Since the under eye area is such think, fragile skin you never want to be tugging at your eye - no one wants to have loosy goosy saggy eyes later in life. So no tugging! ;D The EcoTools brush is perfect for blending it in after you roll it on under your eye, they were a match made in heaven.

3. MAC Tempting Eyeshadow - This has been my 'go to' quick eyeshadow the past month. It's a lustre formula and leaves a beautiful bronze shimmer behind. Just one swipe of this, a little eyeliner and mascara and you've got yourself a full eye look! The bronze color is perfect for summer and looks great on all eye colors and skin tones. It really makes blue eyes POP! 

4. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige - This product is amazing! It leaves a perfect glowy finish without making your face look like the disco ball from your middle school skate night. I use a medium sized stippling brush and swirl it around to mix all the the strips of colors and then apply it to the tops of my cheek bones, down the center of my nose, and little on the chin and forehead. The only thing about this product is that it's very pricey - $42 for this baby! However, it lasts a lifetime - I've had this same shimmer brick since for 5 years and there is still plenty left!!! So if you feel like treating yourself, I highly recommend it.

5. The Balm Frat Boy Blush - I got this when the Balm re-launched their website and had their 50% off sale. I had seen it before on other blogs and decided to give it a try since they were having the sale. I'm sure glad I did because I have basically used this blush and this blush only for the past month and half! It's the perfect, natural peachy pink flush of color. 

Top Left: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick In Beige Top Right: The Balm Frat Boy Blush Bottom: MAC 'Tempting' eyeshadow

Hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favorite products of May!

I'm thinking about doing an updated skin care routine soon and maybe I'll make it a video! I'm working on getting a new camera right now that I can film with!

Any request on what you would like to read about next?!
Let me know in the comments, I enjoy reading them so much :)


hugs and glowy cheeks,

Jess xx 

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try that blusher but The Balm isn't too accessible in the UK. Great favourites :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually difficult to find here as well - I ordered from the website!
    Maybe we could do a swap sometime!!

    ReplyDelete