Monday, July 15, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation: Review

Happy Monday Everyone! 

I know it's the usual dreaded day of the week but...
let's try to stay positive and be thankful we are alive and kickin'! 

WHOO HOO! Let's kick Monday's ass!



Today's post is a review on Maybelline's new Fit Me Shine-Free stick foundation
 (I know it's a mouthful) 

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation in shade 130 Buff Beige




Coverage: Light to buildable Medium


What Maybelline Says: 

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT

Get flawless, shine-free skin instantly and on-the-go for tailor-made mattifying coverage. The anti-shine core has ultra-lightweight powders built in to the stick foundation to instantly dissolve excess oil. Available in 12 oil-free shades.

FOR BEST RESULTS

Apply to your face and blend evenly with your fingertips.

Skin Type: For oily skin, it has a Anti-Shine Core that is supposed to help prevent excess oil throughout the day. 

My Overall Thoughts: 
Overall, I enjoyed this foundation. I think the coverage leans more towards light and sheer and it doesn't build easily as other foundation. It's great for summer because the anti-shine core help keep excess oil away through the day! I do think it actually worked too, usually by mid day my t-zone will be pretty oily and I noticed that my forehead and chin area had less than usual when I wore this. I don't think i'm too impressed with the wear of the actual foundation as far as coverage goes. I could see some of my blemishes peeking out mid day.
This foundation would be great for people who don't need a lot of coverage and just want to even out their skin tone. Also, obviously people who have oily skin or T-zones and want to use something to prevent excess shine. 
The color matched me perfectly for summer and they have 12 shades total! I'm still not a huge fan of the stick foundation and applying it straight to my face from the tube. However, this is great for people on the go or those of you who don't like a lot of fuss when it comes to makeup. You grab it, put it on your face and blend it in with your fingers...fuss free! 
I tried a couple different ways of blending and did find that fingers or a sponge were the best ways to applying it since it's not liquid it can be harder to spread around your face so the warmth of your fingers help during the blending process. 

Have you tried this foundation, what did you think? Do you like stick foundation or other formulas better? Leave comments below, I love reading them!

Have a fabulous Monday lovelies! 
Hope this review helped :) 

hugs and oil free t-zones,

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jess, found you on linkedin. I'm following you through GFC and Bloglovin. Follow back hun!

    xx, Gina

    http://www.lipglossonmylatte.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great!! I'm also following your blog - I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete