Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Limited Edition Maybelline NY Fashion Week Collection

Hi Cutie Pa-tooties! 

Sorry I have been a little MIA, my beautiful cousin got married last weekend (hooray and I did her makeup) and then my boyfriend was visiting me this weekend so October has been a little crazy. Also, graduation is quickly approaching - for those of you who don't know I will be graduating from college in December and I'm pretty excited.  
Hope your life has been just as wonderfully busy or even relaxing! 

 Today's post is coming a tad late but better lat than never I say, I picked up a few  products from Maybelline's Limited Edition Collection for New York Fashion week and I have really been loving them so I wanted to share some swatches and opinions.



Maybelline Limited Edition EyeStudio in 140 Fall Temptation


Where I Purchased: 


I got all of my products at my local Walgreens but also saw them at CVS. FYI, they both have great beauty reward programs for drugstores but I think CVS has the best reward program by far - they always have sales on their beauty products and you basically get coupons and or money to spend in store with every purchase it seems. If you think you might like to purchase any of these products, hurry to your CVS or Walgreens to snatch them up before they're gone.

My Thoughts: 

I have two other EyeStudio palettes from Maybelline and I really think they are amazing quality eyeshadows for the drugstore. They are silky smooth without being chalky with lots of fall out and are extremely pigmented - all the swatches below were just a single swipe of color from the palette. The first three shadows in the palette from left to right are shimmery but not glittery and the last  deep brown color is matte (except for the tiniest of tiny specs of shimmer I might have just noticed). I would suggest wearing an eye primer with these, though they are great quality, I think lasting power is where they lack just a bit. With a nice eye primer for them to stick to you should be good to go!
My favorite from the palette in the first gold color, the picture doesn't even do it justice!
It's a pretty cool toned gold and definitely something that I don't have. It would be great if you don't have a lot of time for makeup or just want a natural look to just use this color all over the lid and call it a day! 


Left:  Lipstick in 410 Blissful Berry                   Right:  Lipgloss in 290 Flash of Pink

The lipstick is a warm red-berry colors, I'm sorry the picture is making it look much more pink than it is. It's definitely closer to a burgundy as in Ron Burgundy's sport coat in the movie Anchorman. I bet it would be fantastic compliment to his mustache and sex panther cologne. Anyways, it's a great color for fall. It's not as pigmented as maybe I would like it to be, but this is also after I swatched the new Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks. Which is definitely not a fair comparison, given how amazing they were. 

The lipgloss is a really pretty blue toned pink, on the lips it looks like perfect nude pink (which you all know I'm a fan of, and if you didn't well you do now!). It's also a great way to add a little color to a nude lipstick that looks a little too dull. It has a nice doe foot applicator, it's longer than normal and more flat on one side. The formula is light and not sticky on the lips and has a fruity scent to it, similar to the original baby lips lip balm they have. 


That's all for now, hope you all enjoyed this post and get inspired to pick up some fall colors to add to your beauty routine. Have you tried any of these limited edition products? What about the new Urban Decay lipsticks?



stay classy beauty nerds,
**stay classy is reference to what Ron Burgundy says when he signs off the air if you haven't seen the movie hee hee 

7 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I am quite impressed with your Anchorman references! haha Made my morning! You should have started the blog with "Everyone! Come see how good I look!" (read that in Mr. Ron Burgundy's voice haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad you enjoyed it! Baxter you know I don't speak spanish!

      Delete
  2. How can you afford all these make up!? :P Great blog by the way! :) *Follows*
    ~Eneshai
    http://thebeautifulcloud.blogspot.ie/

    Please check out my blog and follow :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these are all drugstore makeup products in this post, and CVS has awesome sales on their beauty items that make it so much more affordable!

      Delete
  3. Wow such a nice collection. And We have a great collection of
    NYFW Collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they did a nice job as well Jessica! Such beautiful things on your website, I'm really love the jewelry!

      Delete
  4. Thank You so much!! Going to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete